Is your baby suffering from colic?
Perhaps your teen is experiencing mood swings, which is making life challenging for those around them?
Reflexology is a gentle holistic therapy that may help a wide range of health issues.
Treatment sessions can be modified to suit ANYONE - whatever their age!
Whenever touch is initiated, powerful physiological changes take place within the body, affecting the production of essential brain chemicals...
- Oxytocin (known as the 'love' or 'bonding' hormone) is released, which creates a sense of calm and reduces feelings of fear.
- The hormone Cortisol (produced as a reaction to stress) is naturally suppressed.
Babies seem to love having their feet stroked and a short twenty minute Baby Reflexology session may help ease some common discomforts of infancy including:
Treatments may also:
- Help your baby settle after a traumatic delivery
- Encourage a good sleeping pattern
- Enhance your baby's immune system
During a Baby Reflexology session, you’ll also be shown some simple techniques that you can use at home, to help your little one settle.
The teenage years can be anything but plain sailing...
- Hormone surges occur, as the body grows and matures, leading to mood swings - which disrupts those experiencing them, and those who live with them!
- Girls will start to menstruate and may experience irregular and painful periods, until their cycle becomes established.
Add in the lure of 24 hour technology, anxiety over ‘fitting in’, emerging relationship issues and lack of sleep and you'll see why this age group have plenty to deal with!
But wouldn't it be great to help them cope better during these difficult years?
- Reflexology encourages deep relaxation, which may help to ‘dampen down’ Cortisol production, reduce stress and balance hormones naturally.
- Treatment sessions can be especially beneficial around exam time and will provide a crucial break from study.
Reflexology has also been shown to:
If you'd like to find out whether reflexology may be suitable for your baby, child or teen, please get in touch here.